2022-12-24BY Immikorea

F-5-10 Permanent residency of bachelor's and master's degree holders

F-5-10 permanent residency can be applied with only a bachelor’s or master’s degree. There are conditions such as completion of KIIP, income of GNI or higher, and stay in Korea for 3 years. 

All conditions below must be met.

F-5-10 Permanent residency requirements

  1. Overseas bachelor’s degree in High technology fields: IT, technology management, nano, digital electronics, bio, transportation and machinery, new materials, environment and energy
  2. Bachelor’s degree in science and engineering obtained from a Korean university: Including non-high-tech fields
  3. Master’s degree obtained from a Korean university: Including non-science or high-tech fields
  4. A holder of a technical engineer certificate issued by the Human Resources Development Service of Korea


F-5-10 Period of Stay Conditions

  1. Overseas degree or certificate holder
    1. You must stay in Korea while working for more than 3 years in a domestic company in the field related to your degree or license.
    2. In the case of a change of workplace for 3 years, continuity is recognized if the period of suspension is less than 90 days. 
  2. Domestic degree holders
    1. During the 3 years prior to the date of application, you must be continuously staying in Korea while working for 3 years or more in an industry that is permitted by your status of residence.
    2. In the case of a change of workplace for 3 years, continuity is recognized if the period of suspension is less than 90 days.


F-5-10 Work Type

  1. At the time of application, you must have been working as a full-time, regular employee for a full-time job in a domestic company for more than one year.
  2. If the total number of days of suspension during the process of changing the workplace for one year is less than 30 days, the continuity of work can be recognized and added to the work period.
  3. Overseas degree or certificate holders must work only in the field related to the field.


F-5-10 Income / Korean / Proof of Criminal Record

  1. Proof of annual income in the previous year: at least GNI per capita
  2. Submission of documents proving KIIP (choose one)
    1. Comprehensive evaluation pass certificate (permanent residency or naturalization)
    2. KIIP completion certificate (permanent residency or naturalization)
  3. Submit original copy of criminal record certificate and notarized translation (valid for 6 months)


F-5-10 Domestic Criminal Record (Not applicable for Permanent Residence)

  1. A person for whom five years have not elapsed since the day the execution was terminated after being sentenced to an imprisonment or higher.
  2. A person for whom three years have not elapsed from the date of payment after being sentenced to a fine
  3. A person for whom 5 years have not elapsed after violating Article 7 Paragraph 1 or Paragraph 4 of the Immigration Control Act
  4. Those who have violated the Immigration Control Act 3 or more times in the 5 years prior to the application date and fines are excluded.
  5. A person who has not passed 7 years from the date of departure after receiving a forced eviction order, or 5 years has not passed since the date of leaving Korea after receiving a departure order.
  6. A person who has been sentenced to a crime equivalent to a threat, blackmail, fraud, voice phishing, or drug offense in a foreign country, or has been sentenced to a prison sentence or higher for other offenses through an overseas offense record certificate.
  7. A person who has been punished with a penalty of 5 million won or more in violation of the Immigration Control Act for the last 3 years, or the combined penalty is 7 million won or more.


F-5-10 Basic Documents for Permanent Resident Card

  1. Integrated application
  2. Passport and passport copy
  3. Alien registration card, copy of alien registration card
  4. Documents proving the place of stay (lease contract or certified copy)
  5. Overseas criminal record certificate (Apostille or consular confirmation)
  6. Identity guarantee
  7. Certificate of income amount
  8. KIIP certificate or comprehensive evaluation pass certificate
  9. Basic information of applicant
  10. Diploma (Apostille or consular confirmation)
  11. Business registration card and employment certificate of the company in which you are currently employed
  12. List of 4 major insurance subscribers, employment contract, etc.
  13. Additional documents appropriate to the characteristics of other supported permanent resident cards

Privacy Preference Center