As the F-2-7 point-based resident visa can only be applied if the total score is 80 points, it is possible to apply without Korean proficiency or completion of the KIIP People with higher incomes have an advantage because the distribution of the income part is high. If your annual salary is more than 40 million won, you can apply immediately regardless of the length of stay. It is also advantageous for graduates of Korean universities or those with a high degree of education included in the world’s top 500 universities.
If you obtain the F-2-7 point system resident visa, you can apply for permanent residence after 3 years, you do not have to work for a specific company, you can start a business, and your spouse and children can also receive an F-2-7 visa. There is.
- Applicable visas: E1, E2, E3, E4, E5, E6, E7, D5, D6, D7, D8, D9 visa holders (except E6-2, E7-2, E7-3, E7-4)
- As of the date of application, you must have been staying legally for 3 consecutive years or more with the above applicable visas.
- If the annual income is 40 million won or more, the period of stay requirement (3 years) is exempted. (Limited to those who submit proof of income amount)
- Those who score 80 or higher on the scorecard
- Persons who meet the qualification requirements by other types
1. Employees of listed corporations
- – Employees of a corporation listed on KOSPI or KOSDAQ A foreigner whose employment has been confirmed by concluding an employment contract.
- – Those who are employed or confirmed to be employed in the occupation of managers, experts
2. Employees in promising industries
- – IT, technology management, nano, digital electronics, bio, transportation and machinery, new materials, environment and energy industries, or foreigners whose employment has been confirmed by signing an employment contract.
- – The income of the previous year recorded on the certificate of income amount must be at least 1.5 times the GNI (Those who will be employed can substitute the annual salary in the employment contract)
- – E1, E2, E3, E4, E5, E6, E7, D5, D6, D7, D8, D9 visa holders (except E6-2, E7-2, E7-3, E7-4)
- – A person who has been staying for 3 consecutive years or more with the above visa and who meets the conditions for extending the visa.
- – If one of the following applies, the period of stay requirement (3 years) is exempted
- If the income amount on the previous year’s income amount certificate is 40 million won or more
- If you are recommended by a central administrative agency as an invitee to a project to attract overseas talents in science and engineering
4. Study Abroad Human Resources
- – A foreigner who has obtained a master’s degree or higher in Korea and whose employment has been confirmed with a residence status of E1, E2, E3, E4, E5, E6, E7, D5, D6, D7, D8, D9 within 5 years from the date of obtaining the degree . or those who are employed.
- – A foreigner who has obtained a bachelor’s degree or higher as an outstanding talent from a country that participated in the Korean War and who has been recommended by a central administrative agency.
5. Potential outstanding talent (F-2-7S)
- – Those who have obtained or are planning to obtain a master’s or doctoral degree from a specialized university or research institute in the field of science and engineering.
- – Even if employment at a domestic company has not been confirmed, if you have received a recommendation letter from the university president (a person who is expected to graduate or who has graduated within 1 year after graduation), you are permitted to change to F-2-7S even if you do not meet the score requirements.
- * Universities and researchers specializing in science and engineering
- – Korea Institute of Science and Technology, Korea Basic Science Institute, Korea Astronomy and Space Research Institute, Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine, Korea Institute of Industrial Technology, Korea Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute, Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology, Korea Railroad Research Institute, Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science , Korea Food Research Institute, Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources, Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials, Korea Aerospace Research Institute, Korea Institute of Energy Research, Korea Electric Research Institute, Korea Chemical Research Institute, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, Korea Material Research Institute, Korea Fusion Energy Research Institute, Basic Science Institute, Korea National Institute of Science and Technology, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology, Ulsan Institute of Science and Technology, Korea Institute of Nuclear Safety, Korea Institute of Nuclear Medicine, Korea Institute of Nuclear Control and Technology, National Research Foundation of Korea, Korea Institute of Planning and Evaluation of Science and Technology, Korea Foundation for the Creativity of Science, Korea Evaluation Institute of Industrial Technology Management Institute, Korea Institute of Ceramic Technology, Korea Testing Laboratory, National IT Industry Promotion Agency, Institute of Basic Science
Spouses and children of outstanding talents under the point system can also apply for the F-2-7 visa.
- Accompanying family members can also work after receiving an F-2-7 visa.
- In the following cases, you must obtain a visa issuance certificate in Korea and enter the country with an F-2-7 or F-1 visa qualification at a diplomatic mission abroad.
- If the applicant for accompanying family members is a short-term resident or an illegal resident
- If the main resident does not meet the annual income. Other cases where qualification cannot be changed in Korea, etc.
- Even if the resident is subject to permission, if the spouse has a reason for disqualification such as a crime, the spouse is not permitted (even staying in Korea is not allowed)
- If you are a state resident and your annual income is less than or equal to GNI, you will be granted an F-1 visa.
- In the case of minor offenses, when changing or extending F-2-7 status, you must complete the law-abiding citizenship education.
- Alien Registration Card
- Overseas criminal record certificate (Apostille or consular certification)
- Employment contract
- Score table with points
- Documentation proving the score
- Family Relations Documents
- Company related documents
- Other supporting documents by application type
- ∗ Academic background: Only degree certificates are recognized (not including completion), two or more degrees regardless of field
- ∗ Income: Based on the amount of taxable income for the most recent year listed on the most recent income statement. Employees of listed corporations can calculate their annual income based on the amount in the employment contract.
- ∗ Nationals participating in the Korean War: Foreigners who have received official letters of recommendation from the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Patriots and Veterans Affairs, etc.
- ∗ Outstanding University: Those who graduated from the world’s top 500 universities recognized by the Times, QS, etc. Bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees are awarded only with the highest points
- ∗ Domestic Universities: Only the highest points are awarded when obtaining all bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees
- ∗ Domestic community service activities: Recognized when participating in volunteer activities within the last 1 to 3 years as of the date of application and participating at least 6 times in each year and working for a total of 50 hours or more. Volunteer activity certificate is recognized only when it is verified through www.1365.go.kr or the social welfare volunteer certification management system www.vms.or.kr.
- ∗ Violation of the Immigration Control Act: Disposition of notification within 3 years from the date of application, order to leave the country, and deportation are applied within 5 years from the date of application
- * Criminal Punishment History: If you have been sentenced to a fine or more criminal punishment within the past 3 years, points will be deducted. A fine of 3 million won or more within 3 years.