Applicants for F-2-15
Eligible applicants for the F-2-15 visa are foreign fathers or mothers who raised a child born to a Korean spouse until they come of age after their marriage to a Korean was broken.
F-2-15 application requirements
- As of the date of application, you must be eligible for an F-6-2 visa, and you must have stayed in Korea continuously for at least 5 years with the F-6 visa status.
- Both the applicant and their children must not stay abroad longer than the period of stay in Korea within 5 years from the date of application. In other words, the living base must be formed in Korea.
- The applicant must be living with the child and actually raising the child
- There must be no abnormalities in the requirements for determining conduct, such as compliance with laws and regulations.
- Income must be at least 40% of the standard median income.
- KIIP level 4 or higher
- Income requirements are waived for severe illness and severe disability.
When to apply for F-2-15
- 4 months before the child reaches the age of majority under the Civil Act
- Under the Civil Code, the age of majority is 19 years of age.
F-2-15 Confirmation of child custody
Since the F-2-15 visa is a qualification granted as a condition of raising a child, you must prove that you have raised a child.
You will need to submit documents confirming the expenses spent on raising your children, messages sent to and from your children, and confirmation of people around you.