It is a foreign investment system that grants domestic resident status (F-2) to foreigners who purchase domestic real estate for a certain amount or more, and allows permanent residence (F-5) if they stay for more than 5 years.

  1. Foreigners or incumbent executives, shareholders and their spouses and unmarried children of corporations who have invested more than the standard amount in investment facilities will acquire residence (F-2) status
  2. Foreigners who have invested more than KRW 100 million in down payment and interim payment in investment facilities are eligible for Visiting Cohabitation (F-1)

Areas subject to real estate investment immigration are designated. Only buildings designated in the area designated by the Minister of Justice are applicable.

  1. Gangwon-do Pyeongchang Alpensia Recreation Condominium Mium, general accommodation and living accommodation, tourist pension
  2. In Incheon Free Economic Zone, Songdo International City, Yeongjong District, Cheongna International City Recreation Tondo Mini, general accommodation and living accommodation facilities, housing constructed in connection with sports facilities, tourist pensions, and first-come-first-served basis can select tenants. house with
  3. Jeju Special Self-Governing Province Recreation Condominium, General Accommodation and Living Accommodation, Tourist Pension
  4. Recreational condominiums, general accommodations and living accommodations, tourism pensions in Yeosu, Jeollanam-do marine tourism complex
  5. Busan Haeundae Tourist Resort, Recreational Condominium of Dongbusan Tourist Complex, General Accommodation and Living Accommodation, Tourist Pension
  6. Recreational condominium in Paju, Gyeonggi-do, Tongildongsan District
  7. Recreational condominiums in Jeongdongjin district, Gangneung, Gangwon-do, general accommodations and living accommodations, tourist pensions
  8. Recreational condominiums in Hwayang district of Yeosu, Jeollanam-do, general accommodations and living accommodations, tourist pensions
  1. Prove that more than the standard amount or a certain amount has been invested from foreign capital.
  2. Maintain the investment status without eroding the investment standard amount.
  3. There must be no disqualification reasons falling under any of the following
    1. A person who has received a fine or a criminal punishment
    2. In case of entry ban or there is a risk of harming the security and order maintenance of the Republic of Korea, public welfare, or other interests of the Republic of Korea
    3. Submitting false documents
    4. In case the investment facility is used for profit activities, such as sale, lease, or collateral setting, or the investment facility is seized;
  1. passport, photo
  2. Alien registration card for foreign registrants
  3. real estate sales contract
  4. If you are a registered person, a certified copy of the real estate register
  5. Documents proving foreign exchange import, such as foreign exchange purchase certificate
preliminary review
Real Estate Contracts and Acquisitions
Investment confirmation
Change of residence status
Apply for resident status after 5 years
  1. Must have maintained for at least 5 years after receiving real estate investment immigrant residence (F-2) status
  2. The investment status shall be maintained for 5 years without losing investment requirements such as rental, collateral setting, trading, and seizure of investment facilities;
  3. It must not fall under the separately stipulated reasons for disqualification, such as reasons for prohibition of entry, submission of false documents, etc.

Those eligible for Visiting Cohabitation (F-1) must maintain an investment of 100 million won or more and continue to invest. If an additional investment of 100 million won or more is not made for more than one year due to reasons attributable to the person, the residence permit is restricted.

Leave Comments

error: Content is protected !!