2022-12-24BY Immikorea


The Korean real estate investment visa immigration system is a foreign investment system that grants a residence visa (F2 visa) to foreigners who have invested in domestic real estate designated by the Ministry of Justice, and allows permanent residency (F5 visa) if the investment is maintained for 5 years.

  1. Incumbent executives, shareholders and their spouses and unmarried children of foreigners or corporations who have invested KRW 500 million or more in designated real estate in Korea acquire residency (F2) status.
  2. The F2 visa has no restrictions on free entry and exit, employment, education, and business.
  3. Foreigners who have invested more than KRW 100 million as a down payment and interim payment to guarantee free travel can obtain the F-1 visa.
  4. F2 visa is issued even if the total amount of real estate investment and public project investment exceeds KRW 500 million
  5. Change to permanent residency (F5 visa) status according to the standard if the investment is maintained for more than 5 years
  6. If the investment is recovered before obtaining permanent residency (real estate sale, cancellation of contract, transfer of membership), visa cancellation.

The areas subject to the Korean Real Estate Investment Visa are designated. Only buildings designated by the Minister of Justice in the designated area are applicable, and if it is not a designated real estate, you cannot receive a visa even if you purchase it.

  1. Gangwon-do Pyeongchang Alpensia Recreation Condominium Mium, general accommodation and living accommodation, tourist pension
  2. In Incheon Free Economic Zone, Songdo International City, Yeongjong District, Cheongna International City Recreation Tondo Mini, general accommodation and living accommodation facilities, housing constructed in connection with sports facilities, tourist pensions, and first-come-first-served basis can select tenants. house with
  3. Jeju Special Self-Governing Province Recreation Condominium, General Accommodation and Living Accommodation, Tourist Pension
  4. Recreational condominiums, general accommodations and living accommodations, tourism pensions in Yeosu, Jeollanam-do marine tourism complex
  5. Busan Haeundae Tourist Resort, Recreational Condominium of Dongbusan Tourist Complex, General Accommodation and Living Accommodation, Tourist Pension
  6. Recreational condominium in Paju, Gyeonggi-do, Tongildongsan District
  7. Recreational condominiums in Jeongdongjin district, Gangneung, Gangwon-do, general accommodations and living accommodations, tourist pensions
  8. Recreational condominiums in Hwayang district of Yeosu, Jeollanam-do, general accommodations and living accommodations, tourist pensions
  1. Prove that more than the standard amount or a certain amount has been invested from foreign capital.
  2. Maintain the investment status without eroding the investment standard amount.
  3. There must be no disqualification reasons falling under any of the following
    1. A person who has received a fine or a criminal punishment
    2. In case of entry ban or there is a risk of harming the security and order maintenance of the Republic of Korea, public welfare, or other interests of the Republic of Korea
    3. Submitting false documents
    4. In case the investment facility is used for profit activities, such as sale, lease, or collateral setting, or the investment facility is seized;
  1. application
  2. passport, photo
  3. Alien registration card for foreign registrants
  4. real estate sales contract
  5. If you are a registered person, a certified copy of the real estate register
  6. For condominiums, membership certificate and deposit receipt
  7. Confirmation of vacancy of unsold housing (investor of unsold housing)
  8. View details of households moved into the house (investors of unsold houses)
  9. Documents proving foreign exchange import, such as foreign exchange purchase certificate
  10. Documents proving that the investment was remitted to the corporation (in case of indirect investment in the name of the corporation)
  11. Documents proving that you are an incumbent executive or an oligopoly shareholder of a corporation (for executives and shareholders of a corporation)
  12. Criminal record certificate Apostille or consular verification
  13. Family Relations Certificate
  14. Proof of unmarriage in the case of adult children
* Select and submit according to the situation
investment pre-screening
Real Estate Contracts and Acquisitions
Confirm your investment
F2 visa application
Application for change of permanent residency (F5 visa) after 5 years
  1. Must have maintained for at least 5 years after receiving real estate investment immigrant residence (F-2) status
  2. The investment status shall be maintained for 5 years without losing investment requirements such as rental, collateral setting, trading, and seizure of investment facilities;
  3. It must not fall under the separately stipulated reasons for disqualification, such as reasons for prohibition of entry, submission of false documents, etc.

Those eligible for Visiting Cohabitation (F-1) must maintain an investment of 100 million won or more and continue to invest. If an additional investment of 100 million won or more is not made for more than one year due to reasons attributable to the person, the residence permit is restricted.