F-5-1 General Permanent Residence (staying for 5 years or more)
- Foreigners who have registered as aliens in Korea and have stayed for more than 5 years can apply for permanent residency. All requirements for legal compliance, income, and KIIP must be met.
F-5-1 Permanent residency application
- A person who has stayed in Korea for more than 5 years with a D-7 through E-7 or F-2 visa
- Continuous stay in the Republic of Korea for 5 years or more as of the date of application with the status of residence stipulated above
- The past sojourn period is excluded, and in the case of a change of status between the sojourn qualifications stipulated in the above without complete departure, each sojourn period can be added up.
Permanent Residence Law Compliance Requirements
- domestic crime
- A person sentenced for a particularly violent crime
- A person who has been sentenced to a prison term of imprisonment or heavier or probation and for whom 5 years have not passed since the end of the sentence
- A person who has been sentenced to a fine and for whom three years have not passed
- Immigration Control Act A person for whom 5 years have passed since the date of violation of Article 12
- A person who has violated the Immigration Control Act three or more times in the past five years
- Those who have not passed 7 years since they left the country after being deported or who have not passed 5 years since they were ordered to leave the country
- Persons who have received a penalty of 5 million won or more in the last 3 years, or whose combined fines are 7 million won or more
- overseas crime
- Those who have been sentenced to specific violent crimes, threats, fraud, drunk driving three or more times, voice phishing, and drug crimes
- Restriction of permission for 10 years for those sentenced to imprisonment or heavier punishment.
- In the case of minor law violations that do not fall under the above, permission is granted after completion of law-abiding citizenship training.
Permanent Resident Income Requirements
- Annual income more than twice GNI
- If proven by assets, they must be at least 1.5 times the average net worth per household in Korea. (housing, land, fund, savings, insurance, stocks, bonds, deposit for monthly rent)
- You can combine the income of yourself and your family (spouse, minor children, parents). However, your income or assets must be at least 50%.
- For D-8 visa holders, the annual average sales for the two years prior to the year in which the application date falls must be at least KRW 1 billion.
- For D-9 visa holders, average annual exports for the two years prior to the year in which the application date falls Must be more than 500 million won or more than 1 billion won in annual average sales.
- However, installation of export facilities. Exemption from application for operation and maintenance personnel, ship construction, and facility production supervision
- Certificate of completion of the 5th stage of KIIP
- A score of 60 or higher on the comprehensive test for permanent residency or naturalization
Learn about the Social Integration Program (KIIP)
F-5-1 Permanent Residence Application Documents
- Integrated application
- Passport, registration card
- Permanent Resident Qualification Report
- Identity guarantee
- Income proof documents
- KIIP completion certificate
- Overseas criminal record certificate
- Tuberculosis Screening Confirmation
- Documents proving the place of stay
- Government income stamp and registration fee 230,000 won