F-5-1 Application for permanent residence for foreigners staying for more than 5 years (general permanent residence card)
- Foreigners who have registered as foreigners in Korea and have stayed for more than 5 years can apply for permanent residence.
F-5-1 Permanent residency application target
- A person who is of adult age pursuant to the Civil Law of the Republic of Korea, has the ability to sustain a living, has good conduct, and possesses the basic skills necessary to continue living in Korea, and has a status of residence from D-7 to E-7, or F-2 Refers to a person who has stayed in Korea for more than 5 years as a status of residence.
- Continued stay in Korea for at least 5 years as of the date of application with the status of residence stipulated above
- Excluding the period of stay, it is possible to add up each period of stay in the case of a change of status between the status of residence specified in the above subject without complete departure.
- Annual income must be at least twice the GNI. It should be approximately 75 million won or more.
- In the case of D-8 visa holders, annual average sales of 1 billion won or more for the two years prior to the year in which the application date falls.
- For D-9 visa holders, annual average exports of 500 million won or more or annual average sales of 1 billion won or more for the two years prior to the year of application date.
- However, installation of export facilities. Exemption from application for operation and maintenance personnel, ship construction, and facility production supervision
- E-7 visa holders must have a bachelor’s degree or higher.
Korean language requirements
- Social Integration Program Level 5 Completion Certificate (60 points or more on the permanent residency examination)
F-5-1 Permanent Residence Application Documents
- Integrated application
- Passport, registration card
- Permanent Resident Qualification Report
- Identity guarantee
- Income proof documents
- Social Integration Program Certificate (Exemption for long-term stays of 10 years or more)
- Overseas criminal record certificate
- Tuberculosis Screening Confirmation
- Documents proving the place of stay
- Government income stamp and registration fee 230,000 won
F-5 Permanent Resident Card may require additional or subtractive documents depending on individual circumstances.
The conditions of stay for more than 5 years are the same, but the requirements for foreign nationals (F-5-7) are different.