D-8-2 Basic Requirements for Investment Visa
Among those who have established (or are preparing to establish) a venture business according to the “Special Act on the Promotion of Venture Businesses” with excellent technology, such as possessing intellectual property rights, the representative of a company that has received confirmation (or preliminary confirmation) of a venture business or a person with excellent technology A representative of the evaluated company
- Technology evaluation guarantee companies and prospective venture companies (in case the venture company is preparing for incorporation or business registration, and within 6 months after the company’s establishment) are also applicable.
- Confirmation of whether it is a venture business or a preliminary venture business is conducted by the Korea Technology Credit Guarantee Fund (Korea Technology Credit Guarantee Fund Act), the Small and Medium Business Corporation (Small and Medium Business Promotion Act), or the Korea Venture Capital Association.
- Evaluation refers to what was received from Korea Technology Credit Guarantee Fund or Small and Medium Business Corporation.
D-8 Investment Visa Application Organization
- In principle, the Korean consulate in the applicant’s home country
- However, if the applicant is residing abroad and operating a business (including long-term residents, such as holding a permanent resident card), he or she can apply at the overseas consulate in the country where he or she is stationed.
D-8 Investor Visa Application Documents
- Copy of business registration certificate, certificate of all corporate registration details
- Venture business confirmation or preliminary venture business confirmation
- Documents proving that you have excellent technology, such as possessing intellectual property rights – Copy of patent certificate (KIPO), utility model registration certificate (KIPO), design registration certificate (Korean Intellectual Property Office), trademark registration certificate (KIPO), copyright registration certificate (Korea Copyright Commission) – Excellent evaluation of technology from Korea Technology Credit Guarantee Fund or Small and Medium Business Corporation
- Documents proving that you have industrial property rights and other equivalent technology and the right to use it *