Visa agency registered with the Ministry of Justice

Immikorea Administrative Office


contact us

Business Phone


Contact time

Mon-Sat : 0900 - 1800

F-4 Application for permanent residence for Koreans overseas

F-5 Permanent Residency Application for Overseas Koreans with F4 Visa

Learn about the application of permanent residence for Chinese Koreans, overseas Koreans, Korean Americans, Koreans, Koreans in Japan, the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.

Those who are overseas Koreans

  1. A person who possessed the nationality of the Republic of Korea by birth (including compatriots who migrated abroad before the establishment of the Korean government) and acquired foreign nationality
  2. A person who has acquired foreign nationality as a direct descendant

1. Income, property

  1. You must have an income of at least GNI per capita (approximately 37.4 million won). When combined with a family member, the applicant’s income must be at least 50%.
  2. Those over the age of 60 who receive a pension of GNI or higher can also apply for permanent residence.
  3. Those who paid 500,000 won or more in property tax in the previous year
  4. A person whose net assets, such as home ownership, cheonsei deposit, and savings, is equal to or greater than the average net worth per household can also apply. (Approximately 340 million won as of 2018)
  5. A person with an annual trade record of 2 billion won or more with Korean companies
  6. A person recommended by the head of an overseas diplomatic mission as a representative of a Korean national organization or a corporate company authorized by the government of the country of residence

2. Basic knowledge

By asking whether you can communicate in Korea, you can prove it by completing the Social Integration Program (KIIP) and passing the comprehensive green card evaluation.

Eligible person

  • Persons who are acknowledged to have submitted documents proving Korean language proficiency in the past with other status of residence
  • Those who held Korean citizenship in the past
  • 60 years old or older
  • Graduates of elementary school or higher in Korea
  • 13 years old or younger (criminal minors)
  • Those who hold an F-4 visa and have stayed in Korea for more than 3 years

3. Overseas criminal record certificate

If you have a criminal background, it may be difficult to apply for permanent residence.

The criminal record in Korea is investigated by the immigration and the overseas criminal record certificate must be submitted separately. For Chinese Koreans, a certificate of innocence must be submitted, and for Koreans having fun, an FBI check is submitted.

Eligible person

  • Investors of 500,000 dollars or more, Ph.D. degree holders, outstanding talents in specific fields, special contributors
  • Those who are under the age of 14 (a minor criminal)
  • Those who have not stayed abroad for more than 6 months after being born in Korea
  • A person who has been staying in Korea after submitting a past overseas criminal record, who has not stayed overseas for more than 6 months and has been staying in Korea for more than 5 years.
  • Applicants who apply for a visa issuance at a diplomatic mission abroad, after submitting a certificate of overseas criminal record, and then change their permanent resident status within 6 months from the date of issuance of the visa

Notarization, certification

  • Certificate issued within 6 months
  • In the case of Apostille Convention countries, the applicant’s home country government’s Apostille confirmation or the Korean consulate’s confirmation
  • If you are not a member of the Apostille Convention, you must obtain a consular confirmation at the Korean diplomatic mission in the applicant’s home country.

Leave Comments

error: Content is protected !!